Overnight oats are easy, healthy breakfast options perfect for someone who is always rushing out the door or prefers to have grab-and-go choices in the morning.
The best thing about overnight oats is that there’s no cooking involved! This is great for someone who doesn’t like spending too much time in the kitchen. All you need to do is make it the night before, let it soak overnight, then serve chilled in the morning.
You can personalise your own overnight oats to your heart’s content, adding whatever sweetener you prefer, type of milk you want to try out, or whatever toppings you like.
Traditionally, oats are paired with milk (full cream milk, soy milk, almond milk, coconut milk). What about mixing it up a little? Mix your oats with coconut water, that is!
Coconut water is packed with nutrients and key electrolytes to keep your body well-hydrated throughout the day. It also has a distinct coco-nutty taste with a natural sweetness that will pair perfectly with your morning oats.
When shopping for a coconut water brand, look out for an all-natural choice. H2coco Pure Coconut Water, as the name suggests, is 100% pure coconut water with no added sugar and is free from artificial flavours, additives and preservatives.
If you’d like to know more about H2coco Pure Coconut Water and why it’s a guilt-free, tasty hydration option, visit this page. H2coco also offers other flavours in the coconut water range that are deliciously refreshing and naturally hydrating and will go perfectly with oats. To read about the other flavours, visit this page.
Try the simple overnight oats recipe below that is made with organic rolled oats soaked in all-natural coconut water. Give it a shot. You’ll be surprised at how good it tastes!
SIMPLE OVERNIGHT OATS WITH COCONUT WATER
- ½ cup rolled oats (organic preferred)
- ½ cup H2coco Pure Coconut Water
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp cinnamon (adjust according to your liking)
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 medium banana (mashed, optional)
- 1 tsp honey or maple syrup (optional)
- In a mason jar or medium bowl, mix the rolled oats, H2coco Pure Coconut Water, vanilla extract, cinnamon, almond butter and mashed banana. Stir until combined.
- Place lid on jar or cover the bowl and refrigerate overnight.
- Serve chilled. Top with fruits, nuts, or any toppings of choice and drizzle with honey or maple syrup to add a bit of extra sweetness to your breakfast. Enjoy!